It’s possible that you’re reading this while listening to songs on your phone or iPod. Music is a part of everyday life so much so that we may not fully notice its presence.
But do you know everything there is to know about the music industry? Discover some amazing facts* below.
- No member of the Beatles could read or write music.
- Your heartbeat will mimic the beat of the music that you are listening to at the time.
- Depending on the version of a song that is heard first (either the original or cover), that will be the preferred version.
- In 2007, a study found that plants grow faster with the help of classical music.
- Have you ever had a song that’s stuck in your head, repeating over and over? That’s called an earworm.
- The Real Slim Shady by Eminem was written 3 hours before the final album cut was due to the record company.
- A study in 2015 found that babies will remain calm for twice as long when they are listening to a song than when listening to people talk.
- 1 in 10,000 people has perfect pitch, meaning they have the ability to recognise a pitch without reference.
- The Japanese national anthem, at four lines long, is the shortest national anthem.
- The longest national anthem is the Greek national anthem at 158 verses long.
- The inventor of Stratocaster and Telecaster, Leo Fender, could not play guitar.
- The harmonica is the world’s best-selling musical instrument.
- Termites eat wood at a faster pace when listening to heavy metal music.
- Monaco’s orchestra is larger than its army.